Veterinary RecommendationsSee below our list of recommendations for your pet's health.
- Yearly physical exams – extremely important since our pets age faster than we do. Preventative medicine is much more successful than trying to correct an already present disease.
- Vaccinations – to avoid diseases that are preventable with vaccination is the key to successful pet health care.
- Yearly stool checks – prevent/control risk of intestinal parasites is important for our pet’s health but also to prevent transmission to people and other pets.
- Yearly heartworm test – for dogs and monthly heartworm prevention. Heartworms are carried by mosquitos and it takes only 1 bite to infect your dog or cat!
- Feline leukemia/FeAIDS test – all cats should be tested prior to coming into your home to try to prevent these deadly cat diseases and yearly if outdoors/exposure risk.
- Spay and neuter all pets – older than six months of age. Benefits include preventing breast cancer; uterine infections; testicular and prostate cancer and some aggression problems.
- Flea control!!! We strongly recommend our topical flea/tick products due to their safety and effectiveness!
- Blood chemistry tests – recommend performing yearly and prior to surgery to detect diseases before they cause your pet harm.
- Dental care – brushing at home; professional clean and polish at our hospital as needed.